Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Follow Your Heart Cheese Review, Vegan Cheese and Gluten Free!!!

When picking vegan cheese it can be very tricky, there are so many to choose from.
Also if you live in an area with not much choice, it is nice to see what other people think about them,
it may save you some money.
The store that I purchased it at, had a large variety of flavors even shredded cheese:)
When you look at the cheese, it looks very moist and when you give it a light squeeze,
it has a firm spongy texture.
I purchased the cheddar flavor.
I was excited to try it, so when I arrived home I opened it right away:)
I opened the package,and it slid right on the plate, it cuts like butter!
The flavor is on the sweeter side of cheddar, "real" cheddar usually has a sharper flavor.
The cheese is moist texture but still has the dryness like cheddar.
When I gave a sample around my house, there were very different comments!
"It taste like a firm wet sponge",  "it has a very moist feeling on the tongue."
I do agree it has a firm wet sponge feeling, but the flavor is really good:)
If you get over the texture, it is a great cheese, I was even eating it plain, because the flavor is really good.
I cut a piece so you can see the texture when it is sliced!

The one thing I miss is melted cheese, yum.
There is something almost magical about melted cheese:)
The true test for us vegans is does it melt?
When it melts is it a gross mess?
Let me tell you it melts beautifully!!!!
I melted it on a plate, so you can see what it looks like.
 smooth and creamy:)
You can see when I melted the cheese, it became smooth and creamy! Yummy!
I did eat it off the plate after I took the picture;)
My suggestion is when melting it, make sure whatever you are topping it with is slightly warmed,
it lasts longer, melted, and it doesn't get hard to fast.
If you are going to melt it on corn chips or something like that, it may get slightly hard by the time you finish
eating it.
But it is still good!!!!!!!!!!!!
I truly recommend this cheese, it has a great flavor, need to give it a try!!!
It melts, the most important reason of all;)
Follow Your Heart Cheddar here is a link to there website followyourheart.com
If the store you shop at doesn't stock it, tell them about it so they can get it in!!!!
The most important thing for me is that it is vegan, and gluten free!!!!!!
Happy cheese melting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                     Birch life


No comments :

Post a Comment